Monday, December 17, 2012

Plus Size Fashion Weekend Australia


1 Month ago, my sister Danimezza hosted the Plus Size Fashion Weekend Australia for Plus Size Fashion Bloggers from Around Australia. Dani, Melissa from Suger Coat It  and I bundled ourselves into the car with all the gear and drove into Sydney.


We drove straight to Benefit Cosmetics where we were treated at the Brow Bar with a Tint and Wax, these guys were amazing giving lots of helpful tips. Best brow wax I've ever had!


I was very happy with the result. I hadn't touched my eyebrows for a month in the lead up to this!


We Checked In at the Meriton Serviced Apartments at World Tower, we were in the Penthouse on the ear popping floor. 
Danielle and I jumped in a cab off to Circular Quay to Baskin Robbins where we picked up our cake for the event. Being the ice cream cake critic/ maker that I am, I was not impressed with the cake but everyone enjoyed eating it.


Lots of photos, pizza, chatting and drinks makes for a great night.


There was a clothes swap and I picked up a few really nice pieces.
 I didn't feel the need to take photos of people wearing layers upon layers of clothes trying everything on.

We also had Female for Life and City Chic come and show us pieces from their collection. I love the Female for Life active wear that I received to review. 
I didn't get to see any of the City Chic items as I was in the kitchen cleaning up after everyone and making sure we had yummy sausage rolls. Not to mention getting dizzy from going up and down in the elevators to pick everyone up from the lobby as you need a key to use the elevator. 


Orly were kind enough to let us borrow their Smart Gels kit for the weekend so I dove in and set it up and worked out how to do my shiny new plum nails. I just need a bit more practice but it was really easy to do.  


 We had Grill'd at World Square for dinner on the Saturday night, the burgers and fries were delicious and we also got vouchers for their new salad range


It was an amazing weekend, getting to meet bloggers face to face was really a great experience. A lot of strong personalities in a penthouse for a weekend is sure to be full of energy and this weekend was no exception. 

Thanks Danimezza for organising and hosting Plus Size Fashion Weekend Australia!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, love the post and the pictures!

    ReplyDelete